Compete in the GIVOVA Pacific Coast Super Cup showcase event - where championships are earned!
2013 Schedules for the Washington Leg are posted!
The GIVOVA Pacific Coast Super Cup:
Where championships are earned!
Want to find out whose the best?
The third-annual GIVOVA Pacific Coast Super Cup Invitational is one place to find out. Some of the region’s top teams congregate each year at Starfire and then in Portland, Ore. to test themselves against evenly matched opponents who want to answer that question:
Who is really the best in the region?
The Super Cup is set for Jan. 26-27 at Starfire in Tukwila, Wash., and the second leg will follow in Beaverton, Ore., Feb. 16-18.
Boys and girls teams that have placed in the top rungs of their respective state leagues are eligible to play in this two-legged college showcase tournament, which pits some of the best teams competing to be regional, Pacific Coast champion.
We are offering U12 division for the first time this year, making it a U12-U19 showcase event.
Teams will play against Oregon Premier League teams, Idaho teams, of similar skill and ability.
College and community college coaches will be present and scouting players during both legs of the tournament. Last year, coaches identified several players and offered spots on their teams.
We’ll be offering another popular "college night" to explain the opportunities and the recruitment process for players who are considering college soccer.
The Super Cup is a regional competition featuring teams from the Washington State Premier League (PSPL) and Oregon Premier League (OPL), as well as others. This year we have expanded the competition to include U-12 teams. The leagues’ Division 1 teams-- from U12 and U19 -- already have accepted invitations to compete in this premier soccer tournament and college showcase.
We still have some spaces available but they are limited!
Deadline to register: Jan. 7th!
If you aspire to play in the PSPL’s National Premier League, you are encouraged to secure a spot in the Super Cup event. Why? The Super Cup is the next level of competition. You will compete against Premier Division 1 teams and find out how you measure up against the league’s best. The NPL committee views this event as a critical stepping stone to the top divisions
- What’s more: for older teams, we expect scores of Northwest area college coaches to attend the showcase event looking for college potential, as they have over the past two years!
- Teams also will have access to college coaches, including Whitman College’s Boys Head Coach Mike Washington. He and other college coaches and experts will discuss the challenges and expectations of playing college soccer.
Last year, college representation included, among others, such D1 institutions as Purdue University and University of Idaho to Portland State University to Evergreen State College and to University of Willamette.
The tournament is also ranked by GotSoccer at all ages, so winners and finalists will earn valuable ranking points!
- Our aim is to create a higher level of regional competition that is evenly matched, creating more consistently demanding competition. Every match counts in this tournament.
- Up to 12 teams per age group divided into two groups -- a Washington Division and an Oregon Division. Teams will play a total of three crossover matches in the first round and be guaranteed four games. Finalists will play five games.
For the first leg teams will play two matches -- one match per day. For the second leg, teams will play up to three matches over the holiday weekend. Finals will be on Monday.
- For U-12 to U-14 registration fee: $750
- For U-15 to U-18 registration fee: $850
For more information, contact Mea Fischelis, director of operations for the PSPL: (800)-531-7889, or Tom Atencio, Oregon Premier League, 503-626-6783, OregonPremierLeague.