3rd Annual Northwest Coaching Summit 2014
The Coaching Summit presents a vision of player development for the future!
Learn how Academy Director Eddie Henderson's vision for player development can help you develop better soccer players and become an even stronger coach!
Find out what skills you need to develop quality players for the future. Learn how to put those skills into your training sessions today!
Hear from top college coaches, including Seattle University's Peter Fewing, on the kind of players that make it to the collegiate level.
Recharge your coaching batteries! Get inspired and enthused! Learn some new tricks, take home some new ideas and mingle with your colleagues
Here's our starting lineup of featured coaches:
- PSPL Academy Director Eddie Henderson: Former Scouting Liaison to the Boys U14 U.S. National Team through Region IV ODP, Former ODP Regional staff, former Scouting Liaison to the Girls U15-17 U.S. National Team through US Club ECNL and former Coaching Director Las Vegas Heat ECNL, US youth national team player and professional player.
- NSCAA Coaching Director Ian Barker and former men's head coach of Macalester College and assistant men's head coach at University of Wisconsin.
- Western Illinois women's head coach Ted Flogaites.
- University of Pittsburgh women's assistant coach Ileana Moschos.
- Coerver Washington Director TR Stoneback.
Coaching Summit Facts:
- Date: May 30 - June 1.
- Fee: $160 per coach (PSPL); all others, $185. Fee rises to $200 per coach on May 30.
- Check In: Opens at 6 p.m. on Friday, May 30 @ Starfire.
- Friday Night Lecture! by Ian Barker 7:30 p.m @ Starfire: "Player Development: The Vision for the Future," or a discussion on the ever competing visions over player development. Barker will also point to the current national development trends and what that means for youth coaches."
- Saturday: Full day of sessions, 9am-6pm @ Starfire. Check In opens at 8 a.m.
- Expert Panel Discussion: 6pm, Saturday evening.
- Sunday: Specialist training sessions: 9am to 12:30pm.
PSPL Coaching Education Program - Special Topics
As part of our Coaching Education program, the PSPL has put together an ongoing series of Special Topics specific to youth soccer. These Special Topics are designed to cover a variety of technical, tactical, physical and psychological challenges that face todays youth coaches.
Come join us and step up your game!
More information, including topics, times and locations for upcoming Special Topics coming soon!
Check back regularly for more information on Spring 2013 sessions.